Saturday 20 August 2011

Boysterous and Girlggly

A few months ago I had a bag full of old tennis balls solely intended for the use of Rosie Dog. Today I couldn't find any left to take on our walk. I usually take two as notoriously one always gets lost in the hedgerow or the river. I am just wondering where all these tennis balls go? There must be a secret mountain somewhere. The same goes for my daughter's hair clips. They can't just disappear...

Even my friends that are the only female in their families say my son is one of the most lively boys they've met, which is a polite way of putting it. We were swimming with friends yesterday and whilst all the other children were messing around Boysterous was running up to the side of the pool, jumping into the air, curling into a tight ball and bombing the water. He'd then emerge, victorious, shouting: 'Again!'. He didn't grow tired of this game for a full 45 minutes by which time I swear the water levels had reduced by a few inches and most of it was on the sides. I did try to placate him, but from experience I know that once the fuse has been lit nothing will stop the bomb going off, and actually I was secretly proud of his dare-devilishness.

Girlggly has been acting all coy since spending a day with her intended yesterday. Despite him making it clear that marriage is not on the cards for the foreseeable future, her love-sickness was quelled by a solid five hours of his undivided attention. So today, the Wedding plans have been back in full swing; princess dresses have been designed and letters written to friends inviting them to the big day. When I told her that it is good to be so prepared but she will have to wait a few more years, she asked how many. I told her at least 25.

"Mummy, how many sleeps is that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment