Saturday 13 August 2011

Welsh Rabbit and Spaghetti Carbanana

I love all these little chestnuts my daughter comes out with. Yesterday she asked me how clouds make rain. I launched into a lengthy description of the water cycle and precipitation which she listened to patiently. Then after digesting the information for a moment she told me that I was wrong. Apparently, clouds float around the sky until they see a plant that looks sad because it needs some water. Then they stop and out comes the rain.

I started a chocolate detox this week, Tuesday to be precise, so I have lasted five days so far. I'm wondering if they could bring out a chocoholics patch for those trying to kick the habit because I'm thinking about its smooth sweetness melting on my tongue approximately every 10 seconds. I'm also starving! Despite just eating dinner. I never really thought of myself as an addict until my husband pointed out that eating half a family bar a day is perhaps a little bit excessive. The problem is, on the tough days, I find a bit of chocolate helps take the edge off the tantrums. A banana doesn't really cut it. Anyway, enough really is enough, and until I can learn to eat a few cubes at a time, I am going cold turkey. I'm salivating just writing about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment