Sunday 21 August 2011

A Tribute

Today is not a day for comic anecdotes, it is a day of great sadness. My husband and I were at University with Jon Egging, the Red Arrows pilot who died yesterday in Bournemouth. I didn't know him particularly well, but my husband was sharing a drink with him only a few months ago. It is a tragedy that has touched us all and our constant thoughts are with Jon's family.

So too are they with mine. It is at times like these that we are reminded how insignificant the little dramas are. I have two children and a husband who are alive and well. Full stop. It really doesn't matter who had the toy first,  or that someone left the tap running and now the bathroom floor is flooded. It doesn't matter if I'm late or one of the kids has fallen over and scraped their knee. They can wait and it will heal. All that matters is we appreciate every second of our lives.

May you rest in peace Jon. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said!
    I'm so sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you, his family and friends
    xxx

    ReplyDelete